I’ve been SO into sweet treats at the moment and just biscuits and chocolate bars in general and I hadn’t baked something sweet in couple months so wanted to get back into baking and to try out something new! My new obsessions are sugar cookies and I heard someone mention BROWN SUGAR COOKIES and I really wanted to try that out as it sounded that teeny bit healthier just because it’s brown sugar! These taste just as amazing as the usual sugar cookies but in my opinion is has more of a stronger and richer taste!
280g of self raising flour
Pinch of salt
230g unsalted butter
1 and a half teaspoon vanilla extract
250g light brown sugar
75g of granulated sugar for rolling
- Whisk the flour and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter and brown sugar either with a wooden spoon or a handheld mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly start adding the dry ingredients (flour and salt) to the butter and sugar mixture and beat slowly until a dough forms and carry on adding small amounts and carry on beating until the whole dough forms.
- Sprinkle some flour onto the surface and with floured hands, split the dough into two. Carefully shape each half into a log form of about 2.5inches in diameter.
- Wrap each log separately in cling film and leave to chill in fridge for about 4/5 hours.
- After the dough has been chilled, preheat the oven to 180 degrees, line two baking trays with baking sheets.
- Remove logs from the cling film and roll into granulated sugar until fully coated and slice each log into equal pieces and place onto the baking trays.
- Pop the baking trays in the oven for 12-15 minutes until fully baked and slightly browned on top.
- Remove trays from the oven and let to cool down for 15 to 20 minutes, then ENJOY
Hope you enjoyed this blog post and definitely tweet me pictures if you decide to bake these cookies, comment down below what are some of your favourite sweet treats!
Ayse Merve! x