“The greatest wealth is health” I am a huge believer of this quote and for me positivity and happiness will only come to you if you decide to make changes for a better lifestyle! These changes might take long to adjust to and get used to, or some may be more easier than others. However in the long run they are definitely going to benefit your health and wellbeing in a positive way which is always the most important point!! In this post I will be sharing with you my top 10 healthy habits for a better lifestyle!
1. DRINK WATER : The first and most obvious one is to drink water. The human body needs about 8 glasses of water on a daily basis which totals up to 2 litres. Water is an important essential for the human body to help function normally, think of it as if it’s a type of nutrient or a meal of the day! Drinking water not only helps with dehydration but is SOO good in many other ways such as, digestion, clearer skin, helps control calories, fights infection, stops headaches and many other helpful benefits to the human body! Drinking a glass of water when you wake up before breakfast is said to help digestion and reduce bloating throughout the day! Some people find it difficult to consume up to 2 litres everyday but trying different ways such as fruit infused water or carrying a bottle with you when your out and about can really drive you to drink regularly! Water is just the best and healthiest drink!!
2. READ DAILY : Taking at least 30 minutes out of your day to sit down and read can really help with the way your mind works and function! Reading can help wind down and relax too which can lead onto the mind to think positively! This can be any type of book such as a novel, poetry, biography or even a diary! I would recommend reading an actual physical book rather than on a kindle/digital screen as your most likely looking at a screen majority of the time anyway for work/social media so taking the time out and reading a physical book will really keep the mind relaxed!
3. GET IT DONE DAY : Having one day of the week as the ‘get it done day’ can really help keep organised and ready for the upcoming week! For me this day would be Sunday, however it doesn’t apply for me every week as some times I have more of a chilled one rather than a go go go week! During this day, you can clean your house/apartment, plan your week ahead, schedule any important dates and most importantly have some me time! This can include having a bath, doing a hair/face mask, skincare and take some time out to reflect on yourself! In my opinion it’s very important to have one of these days at least once every two weeks to keep organised and planned!
4. MEDITATE/YOGA : Meditating is known as a brain exercise to relax, wind down from the busy day to day lifestyle! Doing some meditation and/or yoga for at least 10 minutes every morning would really help aid think positive throughout the day as well as starting the day of without looking at a phone screen and taking some time out from the digital world to de-stress! Meditation can help eliminate negative thoughts, anxiety and worry, any aspects that can prevent you from being happy!
5. GET ACTIVE : Following on from the previous point, getting active is a really great way to keep healthy even if this is just taking a half am hour brisk walk! It is recommended to do at least 5000 steps during the day in order to stay active and healthy. Also this doesn’t mean starting a workout plan and trying to force yourself to do it everyday because let’s be honest 2 days later you will give up! Forcing yourself to get moving is not that way to go about it. This is something that will initially deep down come from you and the more your workout/be active the more you crave it! This is the way th brain works, if you do it once and enjoy it, you would naturally want to do it again and again and therefore this will lead onto a more active lifestyle!
6. MEAL PREP : Meal prepping is so important as it will prevent ordering food and eating takeaways multiple times! By meal prepping you are able to plan what ingredients you need for each meal and this way you don’t waste any food and you will know for sure what meal you will have at what day and time! This is another way to keep organised and can save you loads of time as you wouldn’t have to sit and decided what to cook for dinner/lunch etc!
7. MORNING THOUGHTS : Writing out any thoughts or feelings you have in the morning can really help the mind to reflect on those moments! This can be any dream you had throughout the night or random thoughts you had when falling asleep! This way you refreshen up your mind and get the brain working ready for the day!
8. PLAN YOUR DAY : Using to do lists can be very useful when planning out your day as it’s a technique that is very neat and has every thing you have to get done all spread out and in one place! If to do lists isn’t your cup of tea, then journaling may work too, such as planning out hourly what you will be doing and writing out that most imporant topics that needs to get done quickly, this way you know what is your priority!
9. INTERACT WITH NATURE: Interacting with nature can really lift your mood and lead onto a positive mindset! Getting out and spending some time within nature can really radiate your mood and make you feel zen and relaxed! This can easily get so boring if you have nothing to do, however you can take that book outside and read it there, do some drawing, write a diary/poem, do some planning/blogging ANYTHING! Whenever I spend couple hours out within nature I instantly feel my mood uplifted and radiant!
10. EDUCATE YOURSELF : Last but definitely not least is to educate yourself! By this I do not mean go to school/university but simply reading up about topics which interest you such as how the human mind works/science/universe or just tha past history! Anything that you can do at home by yourself! You could always go out and buy educational reading books or if reading isn’t your thing, there is tonnes of YouTube videos out there and podcasts such as Tedtalks which will definitely come in handy at some point in your life! Educating yourself is very important as KNOWLEDGE EQUALS POWER!!!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and let me know if these types of advice related posts are your fave types of posts to read!