It’s July which means we’re already half way through 2017 which for me is CRAZY!! This is a bit of a weird timing throughout the year to set goals as it’s always a cliché thing to do around new year and January! First half of this year was least to say very hectic for me as I was in the second year of my A-levels which meant revising for exams and completing coursework! It’s July now and I’m all done with my sixth form studies, sat all my exams completed everything and I’m no longer a sixth form student anymore and will be starting university in October! As I’m typing this I am on my summer break which is VERY long (over 10 weeks) and I have loads of time in my hands to be going out spending time with friends and family and of course blogging. I wanted to set myself some goals to be able to achieve till 2018 that will hopefully challenge me for the rest of this year as well as keeping me motivated! At the end of the year I will write a reflection post on this and compare the ones I have managed to complete and hopefully work harder in 2018 to tick off any that’s left! This has been such a long rambling intro let’s just get into it!
- Read 20 books – I’m such a book worm and whenever I have an opportunity or a spare hour or two I will sit and read and I really want to get through reading 20 books in 6 months!
- University; be on top of work – Haven’t started uni yet so really don’t know what the work will be like but the last thing I want is be behind on any coursework, presentations etc.
- Finish one journal (scrapbook) – I have started a journal about 2 weeks ago for summer but know I’ll deffo carry it on for the rest of the year and my aim is so finish one before 2018! I actually made a post about it too and you can read that HERE!
- Create more art – Now that I finished college I don’t do art anymore and won’t be doing it in uni either so I really want to continue creating art in my own time for myself!
- Do daily skincare – I’m actually really proud of myself for having a routine for my skincare but when it comes to actually doing it it’s a mission sometimes especially on days where I’ve worn full face of heavy makeup!
- Get out more – Now that I’m on summer holiday I want to just get out and do more things like just going and exploring a new area of London or meeting up with my friends and spending more time outdoors!
- Be more organised – Generally speaking I am actually quite organised but I want to be that extra more who knows what they’ll be doing 3 weeks later on a Monday and just have a regular schedule to be honest!
- Plan my weeks – Coming from the previous point, I want to plan my weeks every month so I know what I’ll be doing exactly when and what time!
- Start meditating daily – I was never really into yoga but couple weeks ago I did 5 minutes of meditation the night before my exam and to be honest, that day I felt really good and energised so that’s one thing I want to start doing more often.
- Eat more healthy – I’ve been telling this to myself for months and months now but I really want to actually eat healthier from now on!
- Try out new recipes – Following on from my previous point I want to get in the kitchen more and try out new recipes and maybe even make some of my own!
- 2000 Instagram Followers – Yes blogging and social media isn’t about the numbers yet seeing your content reach some sort of following is quite pleasing and rewarding and Instagram is that platform which is so hard to grow on due to its algorithm! By the way you can follow me on Instagram HERE!
- 1500 Twitter Followers – Same with Twitter but I find that growing on Twitter is more easier and quicker than Instagram and majority of my readers from my blog come from Twitter! You can follow me on twitter HERE!
- Be more active on social media – Some days I will be very active on both of my social medias and some days I haven’t even came online and I want to be more active on both and engage more!
- 250 Blog Followers – As I mentioned earlier blogging isn’t always about the numbers yet it’s very motivating when the numbers do increase!
- 5000 Blog Views – I feel like this one is quite challenging as there are some weeks were I literally get around 10 views on my blog but I found that, that is due to me not being active across my social medias so I want to increase that and hopefully reach 5000 Blog views by 2018!
- Make more travel/exploring posts – This one leads on from leaving the house point and I really enjoying going to a new area, exploring and taking photographs and they are some of my favourite posts to write to be honest and I want to do more of them soon!
- Blog Consistently – I want to make it my goal to blog consistently and produce 2 blog posts weekly and even increase it to 3 after I come back from holiday as I really LOVE blogging and I want to produce as much as blog posts as I can while I’m able to before I start uni!
- HAVE FUN BLOGGING – Last but not least just have fun blogging and sharing my trips/food/advice and all of those blog related aspects of everyday life!!!
Hope you enjoyed this post and it was a little more chatty and full of lists and hopefully I will manage to tick off all these points by 2018 and start the year with new and fresh goals! Comment down below what are some of your goals you want to achieve before 2018 or in general?